- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium rutabaga (about 1-1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked yolk-free noodles
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, saute the carrots, onion and celery in butter until tender. Add the broth, rutabaga, salt, thyme, marjoram and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add noodles; cover and simmer 20 minutes longer or until noodles are tender. Stir in the chicken and parsley; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Noodle Soup with Rutabaga in Light & Tasty February/March 2007, p27
Reviews for Chicken Noodle Soup with Rutabaga
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review