A creamy casserole can make any day better. And, as Gail Schumacher of Berthoud, Colorado knows, it really satisfies on special occasions. “A neighbor made this dish for us when we had our second child,” she writes. “It was so good!
- 4 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/4 cups crushed saltines (about 35 crackers)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the soup, cream cheese, sour cream, milk, parsley, salt and onion salt. Stir in chicken.
- Drain noodles; toss with chicken mixture. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Combine cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Noodle Delight in Light & Tasty
Reviews for Chicken Noodle Delight
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review