Chicken Noodle Casserole
"Everyone who tries this comforting cheesy combination asks for the recipe," reports Kay Pederson of Yellville, Arkansas. "It's so simple to make that sometimes I feel like I'm, cheating."
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 ounces medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Stir
- in the chicken, onion, peppers, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese and 1/2
- cup cheddar cheese. Add noodles and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350°
- for 30-35 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake 10 minutes
- longer or until vegetables are tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 629 calories, 34 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 143 mg cholesterol, 752 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein.