- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 ounces egg noodles, cooked and drained
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Stir in the chicken, onion, peppers, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Add noodles and toss to coat.
Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Freeze option: Sprinkle remaining cheeses over unbaked casserole. Cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Noodle Casserole
"I'm not a big fan of chicken noodle soup but the rest of the family is. I am a fan,however, to casseroles. When I saw this I had to give it a try. I loved it, as well as my husband and kids! The cheese and peppers and onions definitely make this recipe."
"I took the advice of other posts, and every one asked for 2nds!! I used 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup, used 2/3 cup red pepper and left out the green pepper. I also added 4 oz of sour cream and 1/2 Cup of skim milk. Used 3/4 Cup of Colby Jack and 3/4 Cup of Sharp cheddar inside the casserole, and used about 1/3 of Cup each cheese on top. I also used wide egg noodles. I was asked for the recipe with my tweaks--definitely a "comfort" food!"
"I used turkey and it was a delicious casserole my husband loved it"
"I do not like red and green peppers so I used a bit less than recipe. Other than that followed the recipe and it was good! Not sure how it lacks flavor with peppers in it? I found it flavorful."
"This looked so easy & good. I didn't have cream of chicken soup, so I used cream of mushroom-2 cans! I used rotisserie chicken. Had no green pepper, used all red. Had no monterey Jack, so I used Colby Jack and Chedder. i added a little extra mayo too. Was great!"