Chicken Noodle Casserole Recipe
- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook noodles according to package directions, adding the peas, celery and carrot during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain.
- Stir in the chicken, corn, soup, 1 cup cheese, onion, green and red peppers and pepper. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Noodle Casserole(12)
Sort By :
This is really good but was a little dry and bland so I added broccoli and a can of Chicken broth and a little fresh garlic..I sauteed the peppers and onions slightly in olive oil. turned out really good!
My husband and I had this for dinner tonight and it was really yummy. I made a few minor changes. I sauteed the onions and peppers to soften prior to baking. I used 2 cans of soup. I used frozen peas and carrots and omitted the celery. And, I didn't use reduced fat either! Thanks for this recipe!
I liked it! I used mixed frozen veggies plus some corn that I had leftover. I didn't have any peppers, so I just didn't add them (I don't like green peppers anyway). I used shredded mozarella cheese because that's all I had. Very good! You could always double the soup if you wanted it creamier, but I was happy with it as is.
We liked this recipe. I added put in a little more veggies i.e. 1 1/2 cup instead of 1 cup. I would not cook the onions or peppers ahead of time. I liked the fract they crunchy a bit. I guess it's a matter of taste.
Good but needs more veggies. Will make it again but add more carrots and maybe some broccoli or cauliflower.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Pasta >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Noodle Casserole >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >