Chicken Noodle Casserole Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) egg noodles
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 12 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup finely crushed cornflakes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In a large skillet, saute the red pepper, onion and celery in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add mushrooms; cook 2-3 minutes or until tender. Remove vegetables with a slotted spoon; set aside.
- Add flour to the skillet; stir until blended. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Gradually stir in cream. Add the cream cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, salt, noodles, vegetables and cheese sauce. Transfer to two ungreased shallow 3-qt. baking dishes.
- Combine topping ingredients. Sprinkle over top. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 2 casseroles (8-10 servings each).
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Noodle Casserole(30)
Sort By :
My 4 year old and I enjoyed this, picky 7 year old was not so keen, but he did eat it. I cut the recipe in half, except that I made the full amount of pasta and veggies. The cheese sauce could probably have used some other kind of cheese, I might add mozzarella or parm next time.
I enjoyed this recipe. Although I'm sure there is a typo in it. 2 cups of chicken is enough.
This is tasy but I didn't realize how much it made....I had to freeze some in singles sized ramekins. It's lots of prep work so it's not a weeknight venture.
I followed the recipe except that I added some frozen peas. I cut the recipe in half and still had enough left over to freeze for another two meals. We both thought it was very good, and I think it was even better the next day.
Very easy to make and was a hit. Def. needs the salt I usually do not put salt in dishes I make. I used Fettuccine Noodles because those are my favorite and I think next time I am going to add a little hot sauce.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Pasta >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Noodle Casserole >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >