- minutes or until tender. Remove vegetables with a slotted spoon; set
- Add flour to the skillet; stir until blended. Gradually add broth.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat. Gradually stir in cream. Add the cream cheese; cook and
- stir until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, salt, noodles, vegetables and
- cheese sauce. Transfer to two ungreased shallow 3-qt. baking dishes.
- Combine topping ingredients. Sprinkle over top. Cover and bake at
- 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until
- bubbly. Yield: 2 casseroles (8-10 servings each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 399 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 136 mg cholesterol, 455 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.