Chicken Nicoise Salad Recipe
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans
- 2 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 can (5 ounces) light tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use Southwest-style grilled chicken breast strips
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 8 cups water to a boil. Add green beans; cook, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Remove beans and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. Meanwhile, place salad greens on a platter. In a small bowl, mix tuna, olives and capers; spoon in center of platter. Arrange green beans, onion, red pepper, chicken and eggs around tuna.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients; drizzle over salad. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 289 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 142mg cholesterol, 562mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein .
Reviews for Chicken Nicoise Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.