Chicken Nicoise Salad Recipe
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and halved (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 can (5 ounces) light tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use Southwest-style grilled chicken breast strips
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 hard-cooked large eggs, cut into wedges
- 1. In a saucepan, cook green beans in boiling water just until crisp-tender. Remove and immediately drop into ice water to cool. Drain; pat dry.
- 2. Meanwhile, whisk together dressing ingredients. In a small bowl, lightly toss tuna with olives and capers.
- 3. Line platter with salad greens; top with tuna mixture, green beans and remaining ingredients. Serve with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 289 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 142mg cholesterol, 562mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Nicoise Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.