Chicken Nicoise Salad Recipe
This salad makes it easy to eat what’s good for you. It’s versatile, so you can use asparagus in place of green beans and salmon instead of tuna, or add garden tomatoes.—Nick Monfre, Oak Ridge, New Jersey
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and halved (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 can (5 ounces) light tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use Southwest-style grilled chicken breast strips
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 hard-cooked large eggs, cut into wedges
- 1. In a saucepan, cook green beans in boiling water just until crisp-tender. Remove and immediately drop into ice water to cool. Drain; pat dry.
- 2. Meanwhile, whisk together dressing ingredients. In a small bowl, lightly toss tuna with olives and capers.
- 3. Line platter with salad greens; top with tuna mixture, green beans and remaining ingredients. Serve with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 289 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 142mg cholesterol, 562mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Nicoise Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC