Chicken Neapolitan Recipe
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato bisque soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup red wine or beef broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- Sliced ripe olives and minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken, uncovered, over medium-high heat in oil for 8-9 minutes. Turn chicken; add the onion, garlic and mushrooms. Cook 8 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reaches 170°.
- 2. Using a slotted spoon, remove four chicken breast halves and half of the vegetables to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cool.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk together the soup, wine, basil and oregano; pour half over chicken in skillet. Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until heated through. Serve over noodles. Garnish with olives and parsley if desired.
- 4. Pour remaining soup mixture over chicken in baking dish. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months.
- 5. To use frozen chicken: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Serve over noodles. Garnish with olives and parsley if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 138 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 912 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Neapolitan
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.