Chicken N Biscuits Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, optional
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, chicken, soup, milk, 1 cup cheese and bacon if desired. Pour into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 400° for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in another bowl, combine biscuit mix and milk. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto chicken mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, for 20-22 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Top with onions and remaining cheese. Bake 3-4 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 543 calories, 28g fat (12g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 1151mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 30g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 1 meat, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Chicken N Biscuits
"My family loves this recipe. It is in our regular dinner rotation now. I do add herbed poultry seasoning when cooking the chicken. This has become a family favorite!"
"This was so good and so easy!! Just the 2 of us about finished the whole thing!!! It is certainly a keeper. Thanks!"
"Instead of the bacon, I used 1/2 tsp dried tarragon to add flavor to the chicken mixture. It was a huge hit with my family & with my daycare kids! :)"
"This is a family pleaser."
"I wasn't thrilled with this recipe the first time I made it, although I thought it tasted better reheated. Three suggestions: The chicken really needs to be flavoured while cooking. The vegetables do need to be high quality, because they are quite prominent in the dish. And finally, the biscuits just made with milk and the mix were very flavourless. I think when I make this again that I will use the grands biscuits. I think they should work out on top, and really taste great with the casserole itself.M."
"My family loved this dish. I have made it twice so far and have found that the brand of frozen vegetables you choose makes a big difference. Green Giant was highly preferred over Birds Eye by my family. An overall hit!"
"Wow easy good was a hit for company now every week meal Thank you"
"This is wonderful!!! I added mashed potatoes to it and it was a hit. My three year old had three helpings, a must have in your box.Sheila, Texas"