Chicken N Biscuits
"This cheesy chicken casserole gets its vibrant color from frozen vegetables and its unique flavor from crumbled bacon," reports Debbie Vannette of Zeeland, Michigan. "The biscuit-topped dish has become a regular at our dinner table since my sister-in-law shared it with us after the birth of our son."
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, optional
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, chicken, soup, milk, 1 cup
- cheese and bacon if desired. Pour into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking dish. Cover and bake at 400° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, combine biscuit mix and milk. Drop batter
- by tablespoonfuls onto chicken mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20-22 minutes or until biscuits are golden
- brown. Top with onions and remaining cheese. Bake 3-4 minutes longer
- or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 543 calories, 28 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 1,151 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber,