"This cheesy chicken casserole gets its vibrant color from frozen vegetables and its unique flavor from crumbled bacon," reports Debbie Vannette of Zeeland, Michigan. "The biscuit-topped dish has become a regular at our dinner table since my sister-in-law shared it with us after the birth of our son."
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, optional
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, chicken, soup, milk, 1 cup cheese and bacon if desired. Pour into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 400° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, combine biscuit mix and milk. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto chicken mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20-22 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Top with onions and remaining cheese. Bake 3-4 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken N Biscuits in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p22
Reviews for Chicken N Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review