Chicken Mushroom Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 4 medium carrots, cubed
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1/4 pound fresh snow pea pods, trimmed and cut in half
- 1. In a bowl, combine first six ingredients; toss with chicken. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, oyster sauce and water until smooth. Set aside.
- 2. In a wok or large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high. Add ginger, garlic and onions; stir-fry 1 minute. Add chicken and continue to stir-fry until the chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken and vegetables from pan. Add remaining oil; stir-fry carrots 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add mushrooms and pea pods; stir-fry 1 minute. Return chicken and vegetables to pan. Stir broth mixture and pour into skillet, cook and stir until the sauce is thickened. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving equals 299 calories, 14 g fat (0 saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 431 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 3/4 starch.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.