- Add ginger, garlic and onions; stir-fry 1 minute. Add chicken and
- continue to stir-fry until the chicken is no longer pink. Remove
- chicken and vegetables from pan. Add remaining oil; stir-fry carrots
- 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add mushrooms and pea pods;
- stir-fry 1 minute. Return chicken and vegetables to pan. Stir broth
- mixture and pour into skillet, cook and stir until the sauce is
- thickened. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 299 calories, 14 g fat (0 saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 431 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 3/4 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.