Chicken Mushroom Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 4 medium carrots, cubed
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1/4 pound fresh snow pea pods, trimmed and cut in half
- In a bowl, combine first six ingredients; toss with chicken. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, oyster sauce and water until smooth. Set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high. Add ginger, garlic and onions; stir-fry 1 minute. Add chicken and continue to stir-fry until the chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken and vegetables from pan. Add remaining oil; stir-fry carrots 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add mushrooms and pea pods; stir-fry 1 minute. Return chicken and vegetables to pan. Stir broth mixture and pour into skillet, cook and stir until the sauce is thickened. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Mushroom Stir-Fry(6)
Sort By :
Oops, I forgot to add that I also used olive oil instead of vegetable oil. Healthier that way. And I cooked the carrots and green beans a little longer, adding a bit of water and covering it for a bit because I like my carrots and green beans to be a little more cooked than this called for. But that is a personal thing.
I couldn't find oyster sauce so used black bean and garlic sauce instead and it was really good. I also substituted regular onion for the green onion and I am allergic to peas so I used green beans instead, adding them with the carrots and also added zucchini chunks with the mushrooms. This was really a good recipe and I will definitely make it again.
Angie, you can also use Schewan sauce. It's spicy, though.
Hi, We lov, Stir Frys. But do not like oyster sause, What can I use instead of. Thank u Angie.
This is delicious!I was wondering if you guys serve it over rice or with chinese noodles?
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Stir Fry >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >