Chicken Mushroom Stew Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cups diced zucchini
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons each dried thyme, oregano, marjoram, and basil
- 1. Cut chicken into 1-in. cubes; brown in 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion, zucchini and green pepper in remaining oil until crisp-tender; add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Place in slow cooker. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, water and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until the meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
One 1-1/3-cup serving (prepared with no-salt added tomato paste and without salt) equals 274 calories, 9 g fat (0 saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 102 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Chicken Mushroom Stew
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.