- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cups diced zucchini
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons each dried thyme, oregano, marjoram, and basil
- Cut chicken into 1-in. cubes; brown in 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion, zucchini and green pepper in remaining oil until crisp-tender; add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Place in slow cooker. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, water and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until the meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Mushroom Stew in Taste of Home October/November 1996, p45
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Mushroom Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review