Chicken Mushroom Melts Recipe
These crisp, cheesy melts look special and taste great! "On busy weeknights, I like to serve these with a salad for a satisfying meal. But they make hearty appetizers as well," notes Sandra Futros of Dugald, Manitoba.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound medium fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken and mushrooms in oil for 5 minutes. Stir in soy sauce; cook 7 minutes longer. Stir in cream; cook for 4-6 minutes or until sauce is thickened (do not boil).
- 2. In a small bowl, combine butter and garlic; spread over bread. Place buttered side up on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes.
- 3. Top each slice with 1/4 cup chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 16 appetizers.
1 serving equals 228 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 313 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC