We began restoring our 1860 farmhouse when we bought it 40 years ago...and we still have projects on our list! After a hard day's work, it's nice to sit down to this chicken loaf.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min. + standing
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 1 teaspoon onion salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine soup, milk and eggs; stir until well mixed.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour into a greased
- 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 50-55
- minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared with reduced-fat soup and without onion salt and salt) equals 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch; also, 232 calories, 329 mg sodium, 117 mg cholesterol, 26 gm carbohydrate, 18 gm protein, 6 gm fat.