Chicken-Mushroom Loaf Recipe
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 1 teaspoon onion salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine soup, milk and eggs; stir until well mixed. Add all remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 50-55 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared with reduced-fat soup and without onion salt and salt) equals 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch; also, 232 calories, 329 mg sodium, 117 mg cholesterol, 26 gm carbohydrate, 18 gm protein, 6 gm fat.