Chicken-Mushroom Loaf Recipe
We began restoring our 1860 farmhouse when we bought it 40 years ago...and we still have projects on our list! After a hard day's work, it's nice to sit down to this chicken loaf.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 1 teaspoon onion salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine soup, milk and eggs; stir until well mixed. Add all remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 50-55 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken-Mushroom Loaf in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p56
Reviews for Chicken-Mushroom Loaf(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review