I depend on this recipe when I get home late from work and my hungry family wants something delicious for dinner. It's quick, too, because it uses canned chicken and fresh mushrooms that I buy pre-sliced.
- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) chunk white chicken, drained
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/3 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and garlic in butter for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the chicken and milk; cook for 5-7 minutes or until heated through. Drain fettuccine; add to skillet. Sprinkle with cheese; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Mushroom Fettuccine in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p31
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Mushroom Fettuccine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review