I depend on this recipe when I get home late from work and my hungry family wants something delicious for dinner. It's quick, too, because it uses canned chicken and fresh mushrooms that I buy pre-sliced.
Recommended: Grandma's Best Suppers
- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) chunk white chicken, drained
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/3 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and garlic in butter for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the chicken and milk; cook for 5-7 minutes or until heated through. Drain fettuccine; add to skillet. Sprinkle with cheese; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Mushroom Fettuccine in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p31
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Mushroom Fettuccine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2014
"I would not make this again, to bland and dry. sorry."
Reviewed Jan. 21, 2014
"Would use fresh chicken breast, cooked, cubed."