Chicken-Mushroom Deluxe Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped pimientos
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 package (8 ounces) spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Add the soup, milk, pimientos and basil; mix well and heat through.
- Place pasta in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the cottage cheese, cheddar and 1/4 cup Parmesan; spread over pasta. Top with chicken. Pour sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chicken-Mushroom Deluxe(1)
Sort By :
I love this recipe! I make it all the time. I often put the casserole together (but don't bake it yet) the day before a church potluck and refrigerate it until the next day. Then when I remove it from the fridge I bake it for an hour at 350F and it comes out perfect! I also usually substitute chopped red bell pepper for the pimentos. I love the flavor that the bell peppers give it! It's a very delicious recipe and I always receive many compliments and requests for the recipe whenever I make it!