I like to make this Italian chicken for friends and family. It's delicious served with spaghetti, a tossed salad and garlic bread. Why not try it tonight?
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the baking mix, Parmesan
- cheese, Italian seasoning, paprika and pepper. Add chicken, a few
- pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- Place in a greased shallow baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400°
- for 10 minutes on each side. Pour sauce over chicken. Reduce heat to
- 350°; bake for 15-20 minutes or a meat thermometer reads
- 170°. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 264 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 480 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese,