Chicken Mozzarella Roll-Ups Recipe
—Taste of Home Cooking School
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Pinch pepper
- Pinch salt
- 1/3 cup roasted sweet red peppers, drained and julienned
- 3 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- TOMATO RELISH:
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3 fresh basil leaves, chopped or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch salt
- 1. For each chicken, make a horizontal cut along one long side almost to the other side; leave chicken breasts attached at opposite side. Open breast so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap and flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Remove plastic wrap.
- 2. Combine basil, pepper and salt; sprinkle over the cut side of each chicken breast. Top with red pepper strips and sprinkle with cheese. Fold in sides and roll up. Secure with toothpicks.
- 3. Combine oregano, garlic powder and paprika; sprinkle over the top of each chicken roll. Place chicken in a medium or large ZIPLOC Brand Zip "n Steam Bag. Seal bag and place in microwave.
- 4. Cook on high for 5-9 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. If needed, continue microwaving at 30-seconds intervals or until chicken is done. Let stand 1 minute before handling. Meanwhile, combine all Tomato Relish ingredients.
- 5. Carefully open bag and remove chicken. Serve with Tomato Relish. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC