- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the baking mix, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, paprika and pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- Place in a greased shallow baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10 minutes on each side. Pour sauce over chicken. Reduce heat to 350°; bake for 15-20 minutes or a meat thermometer reads 170°. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Mozzarella in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p64
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chicken Mozzarella
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 25, 2014
"Very good and super easy to make"
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2013
"instead of spaghetti sauce I used vodka sauce and made it with linguine it was amazing.."