Chicken Monterey Recipe
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces)
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 ounce Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese (cut into a 2-1/2- x 1/2-inch stick)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons seasoned or plain dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Season the inside with the salt, pepper, parsley and tarragon. Place cheese in the center and fold chicken around it.
- 2. Place flour in a small shallow bowl. Place egg in another shallow bowl. Place bread crumbs in a third shallow bowl. Roll chicken in flour; dip into egg, then roll in crumbs. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3. In a small skillet, saute chicken in butter and oil until golden brown. Place in a small shallow baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches 170°. Yield: 1 serving.
1 serving (1 each) equals 640 calories, 43 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 336 mg cholesterol, 609 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 39 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Monterey
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.