- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow
- cooker. In the same skillet, saute remaining onion until tender. Add
- 1 teaspoon cumin, chili powder, pepper, cinnamon, cloves and
- hydrated chilies; cook 1 minute longer. Discard cloves.
- Place almonds in a food processor; cover and process until ground.
- Add spiced onion mixture and chocolate; cover and process until
- blended. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Place the tomatillo mixture, lime juice, salt and remaining cumin in
- food processor; cover and process until chopped. Stir into almond
- mixture. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours
- or until chicken is tender. Sprinkle each serving with cheese and
- cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 494 calories, 25 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 671 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 49 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley
, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now