- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1 tube (10.2 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon cornmeal
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, saute chicken, green pepper and onion in butter until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender.
- Add cocoa, brown sugar and spices; cook and stir over medium heat for 1 minute. Stir in corn and salsa; heat through. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Cut each biscuit in half. Arrange biscuit pieces over chicken mixture with cut sides facing outer edge of dish, overlapping slightly. Brush with melted butter; sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Mole Casserole
Sort By :
"This was a quick and easy mole dish that, although was a bit spicy (as a mole should be) my two small kids wolfed down! The sweetness of the corn paired with the fluffy biscuits were just enough to calm down the fire of the mole sauce. Very very good!"
"Really enjoyed this; just the right amount of spice, sprinkled chopped cilantro and shredded cheese before serving. Served it with guacamole and salad. YUM!"
"This is delicious!! My husband really liked it, especially the spiciness. I made it exactly as written except I made homemade biscuits and added shredded Mexican cheese in with the biscuits. Yum!!!!"