Chicken Mole Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1 tube (10.2 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon cornmeal
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, saute chicken, green pepper and onion in butter until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender.
- 2. Add cocoa, brown sugar and seasonings; cook and stir over medium heat for 1 minute. Stir in corn and salsa; heat through. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- 3. Cut each biscuit in half. Arrange biscuit pieces over chicken mixture with cut sides facing outer edge of dish, overlapping slightly. Brush with melted butter; sprinkle with cornmeal.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 347 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 811mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Mole Casserole
"Really enjoyed this; just the right amount of spice, sprinkled chopped cilantro and shredded cheese before serving. Served it with guacamole and salad. YUM!"
"This is delicious!! My husband really liked it, especially the spiciness. I made it exactly as written except I made homemade biscuits and added shredded Mexican cheese in with the biscuits. Yum!!!!"