Chicken Mole Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1 tube (10.2 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon cornmeal
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, saute chicken, green pepper and onion in butter until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender.
- 2. Add cocoa, brown sugar and spices; cook and stir over medium heat for 1 minute. Stir in corn and salsa; heat through. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- 3. Cut each biscuit in half. Arrange biscuit pieces over chicken mixture with cut sides facing outer edge of dish, overlapping slightly. Brush with melted butter; sprinkle with cornmeal.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 347 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 811 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.