Chicken Minestrone Recipe
- 1 package (9.3 ounces) minestrone soup mix
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup chopped baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 6 slices day-old French bread (1 inch thick), cubed
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Prepare soup mix according to package directions, adding zucchini and mushrooms. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 10-12 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir into soup.
- 2. For croutons, in a large bowl, combine butter and parsley. Add bread cubes and toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 3. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400° for 7-8 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Serve with soup. Yield: 5 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 588 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 2164mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 36g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Minestrone
"Delicious soup! I made it exactly as written except I left out the portobello mushrooms. The homemade croutons were wonderful and added a nice rustic touch."
"I would really like to make this soup is there a way that the sodium can be reduced, 2,164 mg is a bit hard to swallow."