Chicken Minestrone Recipe
A packaged minestrone soup mix is jazzed up with cubed chicken, fresh zucchini, portobello mushrooms and crunchy croutons for this satisfying main course. It’s easy to prepare, yet seems like you fussed.
- 1 package (9.3 ounces) minestrone soup mix
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup chopped baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 6 slices day-old French bread (1 inch thick), cubed
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Prepare soup mix according to package directions, adding zucchini and mushrooms. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 10-12 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir into soup.
- 2. For croutons, in a large bowl, combine butter and parsley. Add bread cubes and toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 3. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400° for 7-8 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Serve with soup. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 588 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 2,164 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Minestrone
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC