Chicken Minestrone Recipe
A packaged minestrone soup mix is jazzed up with cubed chicken, fresh zucchini, portobello mushrooms and crunchy croutons for this satisfying main course. It’s easy to prepare, yet seems like you fussed.
- 1 package (9.3 ounces) minestrone soup mix
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup chopped baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 6 slices day-old French bread (1 inch thick), cubed
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare soup mix according to package directions, adding zucchini and mushrooms. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 10-12 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir into soup.
- For croutons, in a large bowl, combine butter and parsley. Add bread cubes and toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400° for 7-8 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Serve with soup. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Minestrone in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p6
Reviews for Chicken Minestrone(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2013
I would really like to make this soup is there a way that the sodium can be reduced, 2,164 mg is a bit hard to swallow.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Soup >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Soup >
- Italian Soups >
- Minestrone Soup >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Soup Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >