- 1 package (9.3 ounces) minestrone soup mix
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup chopped baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 6 slices day-old French bread (1 inch thick), cubed
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare soup mix according to package directions, adding zucchini and mushrooms. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 10-12 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir into soup.
- For croutons, in a large bowl, combine butter and parsley. Add bread cubes and toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400° for 7-8 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Serve with soup. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Minestrone in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p6
Reviews for Chicken Minestrone
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2013
I would really like to make this soup is there a way that the sodium can be reduced, 2,164 mg is a bit hard to swallow.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Soup >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Soup >
- Italian Soups >
- Minestrone Soup >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Soup Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >