Toasty and tasty, these hefty sandwiches boast a touch of sweetness from the raisins and jalapeno jelly. The creamy Havarti could be subbed out for brick cheese. —Diane Halferty, Corpus Christi, Texas
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 slices cinnamon-raisin bread
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno pepper jelly
- 1 package (6 ounces) thinly sliced deli smoked chicken breast
- 3 ounces Havarti cheese, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Spread two bread slices with jelly. Layer with chicken and cheese;
- top with remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes
- on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 493 calories, 22 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 1,164 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 32 g protein.