Toasty and tasty, these hefty sandwiches boast a touch of sweetness from the raisins and jalapeno jelly. The creamy Havarti could be subbed out for brick cheese. —Diane Halferty, Corpus Christi, Texas
- 4 slices cinnamon-raisin bread
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno pepper jelly
- 1 package (6 ounces) thinly sliced deli smoked chicken breast
- 3 ounces Havarti cheese, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Spread two bread slices with jelly. Layer with chicken and cheese; top with remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Melts in Simple & Delicious September/October 2009, p26
Reviews for Chicken Melts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review