- 4 slices cinnamon-raisin bread
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno pepper jelly
- 1 package (6 ounces) thinly sliced deli smoked chicken breast
- 3 ounces Havarti cheese, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Spread two bread slices with jelly. Layer with chicken and cheese; top with remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Melts
Sort By :
"These are so good and easy to make! Never thought to put these items together as a sandwich!"
"I had lots of left over turkey from Thanksgiving and thought of this sandwich/ everyone loved them/used swiss cheese on it - had just bought some hot pepper jelly at a craft sale!"
"This sandwich was a nice change of pace. I substituted Habanero jelly since that is what I had on hand, it was spicy hot and delicious. I use my George Foreman grill to make any kind of sandwich melt instead of a pan and it comes out just like a panini press with the ridges and everything. No need to butter the slices..which can rip the tender bread...just run your butter over the hot grill plates, stick your sandwich in & voila...crispy, crunchy, buttery & delicious...plus almost zero clean up."
"this is a great sandwich with lots of possibilities."
"I thought it would be weird but I happened to have all the ingredients so I made it for my Teenage son..he asked for seconds."