- 4 slices cinnamon-raisin bread
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno pepper jelly
- 1 package (6 ounces) thinly sliced deli smoked chicken breast
- 3 ounces Havarti cheese, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Spread two bread slices with jelly. Layer with chicken and cheese; top with remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Melts
Sort By :
I had lots of left over turkey from Thanksgiving and thought of this sandwich/ everyone loved them/used swiss cheese on it - had just bought some hot pepper jelly at a craft sale!
Haven't made this sandwich yet. While looking at the reviews I noticed one person said she didn't have cajun seasoning on hand. I didn't see any reference to that in the recipe. Have I missed something? Is the recipe complete?
This sandwich was a nice change of pace. I substituted Habanero jelly since that is what I had on hand, it was spicy hot and delicious. I use my George Foreman grill to make any kind of sandwich melt instead of a pan and it comes out just like a panini press with the ridges and everything. No need to butter the slices..which can rip the tender bread...just run your butter over the hot grill plates, stick your sandwich in & voila...crispy, crunchy, buttery & delicious...plus almost zero clean up.
this is a great sandwich with lots of possibilities. I was frustrated because I didn't have cajun seasoning, but it still tasted great! Its a keeper. I can't wait to try it with the cajun, or creole, or even blackening. It was so good.
I thought it would be weird but I happened to have all the ingredients so I made it for my Teenage son..he asked for seconds.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Sandwiches >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >