Chicken-Melon Spinach Salad Recipe
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- SALAD DRESSING:
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons salted soy nuts
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, sugar, vinegar, ketchup, Worcestershire and salt. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with soy nuts. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 302 calories, 17 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 268 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.