“This hearty salad is nutritious, and the combination of colors and flavors mix really well.” It’s ideal for hot summer nights! Lorie Fritsch - Dublin, California
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- SALAD DRESSING:
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons salted soy nuts
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, sugar, vinegar, ketchup, Worcestershire and salt. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with soy nuts. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Chicken-Melon Spinach Salad in Simple & Delicious July/August 2009, p66
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken-Melon Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review