Chicken Meatball Appetizers
"These nicely seasoned chicken meatballs are a crowd-pleasing change of pace on the appetizer tray," writes Norma Snider from her Chambersburg, Pennsylvania kitchen. "They're great plain or dipped in mustard."
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/2 cups minced cooked chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped carrot
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Pinch pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; add the chicken
- and mix well. Shape into 3/4-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a rack that has been coated with cooking spray in
- a shallow pan. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly
- browned; drain. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 3 meatballs equals 42 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 23 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 lean meat.