"As the parents of a young son, my husband and I don't have much time to prepare meals," explains Jina Nickel of Lawton, Oklahoma. "While our boy is napping, I can assemble this dinner-in-a-dish in just 10 minutes and then pop it in the oven."
- 4-1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 cup frozen sliced carrots, thawed
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts (6 ounces each)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken or mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, combine hash browns, beans and carrots. Top with chicken. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over chicken and vegetables.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 50 minutes. Uncover; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Meal-In-One in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p10
Reviews for Chicken Meal-In-One
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review