Chicken Marsala Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine or 3 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice plus 5 tablespoons additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Place in a large resealable plastic bag; add salad dressing. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Combine the flour, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, paprika and pepper; sprinkle over both sides of chicken. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon oil and butter for 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Gradually add broth and wine to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Strain sauce; set aside. In the same skillet, cook mushrooms in remaining oil for 2 minutes; drain. Stir sauce into mushrooms; heat through. Pour over chicken; sprinkle with parsley. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Marsala(29)
Sort By :
Delicious and easy to make served it with a side of ginger sweet potatoes.
This recipe was very good.I made a few changes for our tastes and with the ingredients we had on hand. I did not put the chicken with the Italian dressing.I substituted gluten free flour for all-purpose flour.I also added onions. I will definitely be making this recipe again. It was very tasty!
I have never cooked with Marsala wine before, could anyone tell me if it matters if it is a red or white wine? Please give me any advice that would be helpful. Thanks!
The chicken was very good but the sauce was just a watery thin liquid. did every thing like recipe called for, nobody even took any of it.
This recipe is a keeper,it taste like something you would get at a fancy restaurant,I use apple juice instead of the marsala,and served it with pasta and a salad,very good.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baking Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Marsala >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >