Chicken Marsala with Pasta Recipe
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2-1/4 cups hot water
- 1/4 cup marsala wine or chicken broth
- 1 envelope (4.3 ounces) fettuccini and chicken-flavored sauce mix
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add water and wine. Bring to a boil; stir in pasta mix. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- 3. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil and remaining butter over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove pasta mixture from the heat. Stir in sour cream. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 3/4 cup pasta equals 453 calories, 23 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 964 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.