Chicken Marsala with Pasta Recipe
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2-1/4 cups hot water
- 1/4 cup marsala wine or chicken broth
- 1 envelope (4.3 ounces) fettuccini and chicken-flavored sauce mix
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add water and wine. Bring to a boil; stir in pasta mix. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- 3. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil and remaining butter over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove pasta mixture from the heat. Stir in sour cream. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 453 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 964mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein
Reviews for Chicken Marsala with Pasta
"I made this tonight, and it was delicious. This will be a "go to" recipe for me."
"My family loves chicken done this way and would love to keep this recipe. It's one we will be making many more times."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.