“This dish is elegant enough for company, but quick and easy enough for a weeknight. My family always looks forward to this chicken. Leftover broiled chicken breasts work fine and save you time, too.” —Trisha Kruse - Eagle, Idaho
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2-1/4 cups hot water
- 1/4 cup marsala wine or chicken broth
- 1 envelope (4.3 ounces) fettuccini and chicken-flavored sauce mix
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add water and wine. Bring to a boil; stir in pasta mix. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Meanwhile, flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil and remaining butter over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove pasta mixture from the heat. Stir in sour cream. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Marsala with Pasta in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p28
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chicken Marsala with Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review