Chicken Marsala with Gorgonzola Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Remove and keep warm.
- In same skillet, saute mushrooms in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute.
- Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by a third. Stir in cream and remaining salt. Return to a boil; cook until slightly thickened.
- Return chicken to pan; add 1/3 cup cheese. Cook until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; garnish with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Marsala with Gorgonzola(28)
Sort By :
I've made this dish for my family many times and its always a success . Definitely a keeper
I used beef broth instead of the wine and just a little moz. Cheese.
We made this using ruby port instead of marsala wine, and added some of the port into the pan while the chicken was still cooking.
It turned out great! The sauce has almost a sweet flavor to it, and it complemented the chicken very well!
Excellent. Definitely a keeper!
So easy and delicious!!!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Marsala >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >