Chicken Marsala with Gorgonzola Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In same skillet, saute mushrooms in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute.
- 3. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by a third. Stir in cream and remaining salt. Return to a boil; cook until slightly thickened.
- 4. Return chicken to pan; add 1/3 cup cheese. Cook until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; garnish with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 514 calories, 33g fat (15g saturated fat), 161mg cholesterol, 514mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 40g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Marsala with Gorgonzola
"MY husband and I both loved it. So good and so easy."
"My boyfriend found this recipe and made it for himself while I was out of town. He raved about it and said he was going to force me to try it. I've had other chicken marsala's before and haven't liked them. Well he made me try it tonight and I don't think I've ever had a better chicken dish in my life. Simply amazing. So savory and just delicious! He is allergic to gorgonzola cheese so be used a really good fresh parmesan instead. Spectacular! I'm super impressed."
"I loved this recipe. Can't wait to make it again."
"I used beef broth instead of the wine and just a little moz. Cheese."
"Excellent. Definitely a keeper!"
"So easy and delicious!!!!"
"This recipe was fabulous. I added sauted onions and sundried tomatoes."
"Just wanted to add another note. I did not use any of the salt it called for because between the cheese and the wine there is more than enough salt."
"My husband and I absolutely love this recipe. I make it quite frequently. It is delicious!!! Just a little note. Instead of mincing the garlic I pressed the garlic with a garlic press and it worked very very well and actually gave the dish more garlic flavor and it was delicious!!"
"My husband and I both really enjoyed this. It's going in our "keeper" recipe file. We'll definitely make it again."
"this is really easy and fast. I made it with dry vermouth instead of the marsala and just regular button mushrooms. A standby recipe in out family now."
"Fantastic recipe! My family loved it!"
"It's hard to give this an accurate rating because in my case, it was extremely salty. I realize that might be my fault, as I salted the mushrooms slightly as I cooked them, not realizing the "cooking wine" I got from the store also had a lot of salt in it. If using that type of wine, omit all other salt. I think it would have been excellent if not for that."
"I'm wondering what I did wrong because I wasn't impressed."
"This was soooo good! I have made it every week for the last month."
"This dish was superb! My entire family devoured it. I served it over rice and had biscuits on the side with a salad. This recipe is definitely a keeper!"
"Of all the taste of home recipes I have made this is by far the best!!!"
"We made this for a dinner party tonight and everyone *loved* it! It was so good. Definitely going straight into my favorite recipes file!!"
"Simple yet very elegant! The amount of gorgonzola can be adjusted for our personal taste and still have an amazing flavor. This recipe went right into the favorites collection!"
"I made this for my honey and I for our special Valentin'es supper this year. It was a BIG hit. Will make again for sure."
"My 12 year old made this recipe, with little parent supervision. Was excellent, both of the kids said it was the best dinner ever!"
"Absolutely Fabulous! It was very easy to make. Can't wait to make it again!!!"
"Tried it--loved it. And so simple to do. Passed on the recipe to everyone at work and to my siblings.......YUMMY"
"Deeeeeeelicious! Apart from being so easy to make it is tasty and I am sure can be made diet friendly. The gorgonzola adds a nice kick. Will make again"
"This is perhaps the premier recipe of all times.The flavor blend is perfect. The sauce is divine!"