Chicken Marsala with Gorgonzola Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In same skillet, saute mushrooms in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute.
- 3. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by a third. Stir in cream and remaining salt. Return to a boil; cook until slightly thickened.
- 4. Return chicken to pan; add 1/3 cup cheese. Cook until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; garnish with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 514 calories, 33 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 161 mg cholesterol, 514 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 40 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.