Chicken Marsala Lasagna Recipe
I love Chicken Marsala, but most recipes do not serve a crowd. This version is one I invented and make enough for 12 people.—Debbie Shannon, Ringgold, Georgia
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 50 min. Bake: 55 min. + standing YIELD:12 servings
- 4 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 3/4 cup marsala wine, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 1. Combine 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning and salt; sprinkle over chicken. In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In same skillet, cook onion in butter over medium heat 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes. Stir in mushrooms; cook 4-5 minutes longer or until tender.
- 3. Stir in broth, 1/2 cup wine and pepper; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and remaining wine until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in ham and chicken.
- 4. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine ricotta cheese, spinach, Italian cheese blend, 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, eggs and remaining Italian seasoning. Spread 1 cup chicken mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles, about 3/4 cup chicken mixture and about 1 cup ricotta mixture. Repeat layers three times.
- 5. Cover and bake 40 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC