- In the same skillet, cook onion in butter over medium heat for 2
- minutes. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in mushrooms; cook
- 4-5 minutes longer or until tender.
- Stir in the broth, 1/2 cup wine and pepper; bring to a boil. Combine
- the cornstarch and remaining wine until smooth; stir into the pan.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in ham and chicken.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, spinach, Italian cheese
- blend, 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, eggs and remaining Italian
- seasoning. Spread 1 cup chicken mixture into a greased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles, about 3/4 cup chicken
- mixture and about 1 cup ricotta mixture. Repeat layers three times.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining
- Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly
- and cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.