Chicken Marmalade Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper and salt; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil and butter until tender. Sprinkle with the garlic powder and remaining lemon-pepper. Remove onion and keep warm.
- 3. In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side or a meat thermometer reaches 170°. Spread marmalade over chicken. Return onion to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the marmalade is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 281 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 522 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Marmalade
"Fast, easy, and delicious."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.