Chicken Marmalade Recipe
As the children were growing up, it was fun to try different recipes. If they ate what I served and liked it, I would use it for an entree with company. If the dish passed the kids' palates, I knew others would enjoy it. —Joi Freeman Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper and salt; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil and butter until tender. Sprinkle with the garlic powder and remaining lemon-pepper. Remove onion and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side or a meat thermometer reaches 170°. Spread marmalade over chicken. Return onion to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the marmalade is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Marmalade in Reminisce Extra December 2004, p52
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Marmalade
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2012
Fast, easy, and delicious.