Garlic and basil flavor the tomato sauce that coats this tender Chicken Marinara. A friend gave me this skillet recipe several years ago. It's easy to make using pre-sliced mushrooms, commercial pasta sauce and quick-cooking pasta. —Kathleen Williams, St Albans, West Virginia
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or chicken broth
- Hot cooked angel hair pasta or spaghetti
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken
- over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat
- thermometer reads 170°; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, garlic, basil and Italian
- seasoning until mushrooms are tender. Stir in spaghetti sauce and
- wine. Add chicken; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated
- through. Serve with pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts:< 1 serving (calculated without pasta) equals 241 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 930 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.