Chicken Marinara for Two Recipe
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 to 1-1/4 pounds meaty bone-in chicken pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until crisp tender. Stir in the tomato sauce, parsley, salt, oregano, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. Place flour in a resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.
- 3. In a skillet, cook chicken in butter until lightly browned on all sides. Place skin side up in a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Pour sauce over chicken.
- 4. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake 5-15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 pound: 420 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 1104mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 39g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Marinara for Two
"It was very good. I used skinless & boneless chicken drumsticks or thighs (or both of them) & double the tomato sauce so we could have enough sauce for our rice"
"Excellent! Doubled it and baked it for my teenage sons. Even my "picky" eater loved it!!!"