Flavorful chicken boasts a creamy filling in this suppertime standout from Danielle Rogers of Greer, South Carolina.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 envelope garlic-herb soup mix, divided
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1-1/2 cups marinara sauce or spaghetti sauce, warmed
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cut a pocket in each chicken breast half, leaving meat attached on
- one side. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and 2 teaspoons soup
- mix until blended. Stuff into chicken pockets; secure with
- toothpicks. Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking
- spray. Combine the water, oil and remaining soup mix; pour over
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until juices run
- clear. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Divide
- pasta between two small baking dishes. Top with chicken and marinara
- sauce; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-6 minutes longer or until cheese
- is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with reduced-fat cream cheese and 1/4 cup mozzarella equals 594 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 1,547 mg sodium,