Chicken Manicotti Recipe
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 16 uncooked manicotti shells
- 2 jars (26 ounces each) spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup water
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Rub garlic powder over chicken; cut into 1-in. strips. Stuff chicken into manicotti shells. Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce in each of two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes.
- 2. Place eight stuffed manicotti shells in each dish. Sprinkle with sausage and mushrooms. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over the top. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. Drizzle water around the edge of each dish. Cover and bake 65-70 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and pasta is tender. Yield: 2 casseroles (4 servings each).
1 serving (1 each) equals 546 calories, 26 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 980 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 41 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.