"When a girlfriend came home from the hospital with her newborn, I sent over this freezer casserole," recalls Jamie Valocchi, Mesa, Arizona. "She and her family raved over how good it was. Try substituting olives for mushrooms or using veal instead of chicken," she suggests.
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 65 min.
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 16 uncooked manicotti shells
- 2 jars (26 ounces each) spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375°. Rub garlic powder over chicken; cut into
- 1-in. strips. Stuff chicken into manicotti shells. Spread 1 cup
- spaghetti sauce in each of two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes.
- Place eight stuffed manicotti shells in each dish. Sprinkle with
- sausage and mushrooms. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Drizzle water around the edge of each dish. Cover and bake 65-70
- minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and pasta is tender.
- Yield: 2 casseroles (4 servings each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 546 calories, 26 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 980 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 41 g protein.