Chicken Manicotti with White Sauce Recipe
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 14 manicotti shells, cooked and drained
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in the sour cream, parsley, salt and pepper until blended. Stir in chicken. In a small skillet, cook onion and mushrooms in butter until tender; add to chicken mixture. Stuff into manicotti shells.
- 2. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and salt until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in 2-1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese just until melted.
- 3. Spread about 1/2 cup cheese sauce in each of two greased 11-in. x 7-in. dishes. Top with stuffed shells and remaining sauce.
- 4. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 7 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 761 calories, 44 g fat (27 g saturated fat), 190 mg cholesterol, 962 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 49 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Manicotti with White Sauce
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.