Chicken Manicotti Recipe
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 16 uncooked manicotti shells
- 2 jars (26 ounces each) spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375°. Rub garlic powder over chicken; cut into 1-in. strips. Stuff chicken into manicotti shells. Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce in each of two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes.
- Place eight stuffed manicotti shells in each dish. Sprinkle with sausage and mushrooms. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over the top. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Drizzle water around the edge of each dish. Cover and bake 65-70 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and pasta is tender. Yield: 2 casseroles (4 servings each).
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chicken Manicotti(15)
Sort By :
A little time consuming stuffing the manicotti, but not bad considering you get 2 full trays. I put about 4 1" chuncks of chicken per manicotti.
My husband and I chose this for our special Valentine's dinner. It was extremely easy to prepare and turned out perfect! Delicious!
It was okay. There are other pasta dishes I like better, and my husband wasn't really a fan at all.
Excellent casserole and wonderful to have one put away in the freezer for another day.
I loved the recipe. I have made it a few times now. It also tastes good out of the freezer.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Pasta >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >