Save half the chicken you ordered, and look forward to folding it in puff pastry for a beautiful supper that feeds the whole family. Keep in mind, any leftover chicken you have on hand would also work well in this recipe. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas and pearl onions
- 1-1/4 cups cubed leftover chicken from Cheesecake Factory's Chicken Madeira
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups refrigerated mashed potatoes
- 1 egg, beaten
- Combine the spreadable cheese, milk and mustard in a small saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Set aside 1/4 cup for serving. Add the peas and pearl onions and chicken to the saucepan; heat through.
- Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface into a 15-in. x 10-in. rectangle; transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Spread potatoes lengthwise down the center third of rectangle to within 1-inch of the ends; top with chicken mixture.
- Cut eight strips on each long side about 3 inches into the center. Bring one strip from each side over filling and pinch ends to seal; repeat. Brush with egg.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Madeira Pastry in Simple & Delicious October/November 2012, p22
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Madeira Pastry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2012
"To my palate, this is comfort food at its best. I used rotisserie chicken leftovers and skim milk. Delicious!"